County Conversation is our campaign to find out what's most important to you and help us to make sure we focus on the right areas.
Phase 1 of County Conversation took place during the summer of 2016, we asked people about their long-term future aspirations for their communities. We received a range of views, with consistent messages emerging from across the County. This coupled with statistics helped us to draft the following list of themes that are important to you:
- Access to services
- Active lifestyles
- Employment and business opportunities
- Entertainment Venues and Events
- Integrated Health and Social Care Services
- Natural Environment
You can read the full details of what we found out from phase 1 in our County Conversation phase 1 report.
County Conversation: Phase 1 Community Report (PDF, 613KB)
Phase 2 took place at the end of 2016. We asked people to consider the list of themes identified in Phase 1, and choose a level of importance for each aspiration. We received over 1500 responses from residents of Denbighshire and were able to identify key priorities to take forward.
You can read the full details of what we found out from phase 2 in our County Conversation phase 2 report
County Conversation: Phase 2 - The findings (PDF, 791KB)
New objectives and well-being statement
All the feedback received over phase 1 and 2 of County Conversation has been reviewed and the following Corporate Priorities have been agreed by our new Council in October 2017:
- Everyone is supported to live in housing that meets their needs
- Communities are connected and have access to goods and services locally, online and through good transport links
- The Council works with people and communities to build independence and resilience
- An attractive and protected environment, supporting well-being and economic prosperity
- A place where younger people will want to live and work and have the skills to do so
Our well-being statement explains how these objectives should improve the well-being of our communities.
Well-being Statement 2017 (PDF, 199KB)
Our Corporate Plan is guided by our corporate priorities.
Denbighshire County Council legally must publish Well-being Objectives (under the Well-being of Future Generations Act 2015) and Improvement Objectives (under the Local Government Measure 2009). The priorities within our Corporate Plan serve the purpose of being these objectives.