Food hygiene and safety

If you run a food business you are responsible for meeting food hygiene standards and conditions.

Services and information

Food hygiene inspections

What to expect during a premises inspection.

Food premises approval

You may need premises approval if you intend to use unprocessed products of animal origin.

Register a food business

It is a legal requirement to register a food business with the council before opening.

Food export certificates

If you want to export your produce, you may need a food export certificate.

Report a food problem

If you are concerned about the health and safety at a food premises in Denbighshire, report it to us.

Food hygiene ratings

View health and safety ratings for food premises in Denbighshire.

Food law and animal feed (external website)

Information from the Food Standards Agency on how food businesses are regulated.