The annual statement of accounts reports on the council’s position at the end of the financial year and transactions during that year.
Statement of Accounts 2022/23
Regulation 10(1) of the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 (as amended) requires that the Responsible Financial Officer of Denbighshire County Council sign and date the statement of accounts, and certify that it presents a true and fair view of the financial position of the body at the end of the year to which it relates and of that body's income and expenditure for that year. The Regulations require that this be completed by 31 May 2023.
The 2022/23 statutory deadlines are shown in the table below along with extended deadlines provided by Welsh Government.
Draft Statement of Accounts deadlines
|Item||Statutory deadline||Extended deadline|
|Draft Statement of Accounts
||31 May 2023
||31 July 2023
|Audited Statement of Accounts
||31 July 2022
||31 December 2023
The Responsible Financial Officer has not signed and certified the accounts for the year ended 31 March 2023, and will work within the extended deadlines.
Statement of accounts documents
You can download the most recent statements of accounts below.
- Statement of Accounts: 2022-23 (draft) (PDF, 2.58MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2021-22 (PDF, 3.22MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2020-21 (PDF, 2.20MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2019-20 (PDF, 2.39MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2018-19 (PDF, 2MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2017-18 (PDF, 1.68MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2016-17 (PDF, 1.61MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2015-16 (PDF, 1.57MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2014-15 (PDF, 2.53MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2013-14 (PDF, 1.74MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2012-13 (PDF, 2MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2011-12 (PDF, 2.15MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2010-11 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2009-10 (PDF, 670KB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2008-09 (PDF, 476KB)
- Statement of Accounts: 2007-08 (PDF, 498KB)
Notice of Certification of Completion of the Audit
Notice is hereby given that, in compliance with section 23 of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004 (the Act), the Auditor General for Wales has certified that the audit of accounts of Denbighshire County Council and The Clwydian Range and Dee Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Joint Committee for the year ended 31 March 2022 have been completed.
In accordance with section 29 of the Act, on every Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) between the hours of 9am and 4pm, an elector for the area may, upon application to the Chief Financial Officer, inspect and make a copy of the statement of accounts at the address below, or require a copy of the statement of accounts be delivered to them upon payment of a reasonable sum for each copy.
Chief Financial Officer
Denbighshire County Council
Dated 15 February 2023
AONB Joint Committee
Denbighshire County Council, Flintshire County Council and Wrexham County Borough Council established the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley AONB Joint Committee. Separate accounts are required for Joint Committees. As Denbighshire is the leading council in respect of the finance and accountancy service, it is Denbighshire's responsibility to complete the financial statements.
In accordance with the Local Government Finance Act 1982 and The Accounts and Audit Regulations (Wales) 2005 Denbighshire has published the Annual Return for the AONB Joint Committee following the audit.