Benefits, grants and money advice

Information on the benefits and grants you may be entitled to plus advice to help you find a way forward.

Services and information

Employee Training Grant

Find out if you can get funding of up to £2,000 through the Employee Training Grant.

Financial support for individuals (external website)

Find out about the financial support available for individuals.

Isolation payments

If you have been told to self-isolate on or after 23 October 2020 by NHS Wales TTP service, you may be entitled to Financial Support.

Housing benefits

How to apply for help with rent.

Council tax reduction scheme

You may be entitled to a reduction on your council tax depending on your income.

Tax-free and taxable state benefits (external website)

Information about state benefits that are taxable and tax-free state benefits (GOV.UK).

Citizens Advice Denbighshire (external website)

Denbighshire County Council are working in Partnership with Denbighshire Citizens Advice.

Education and schools: Grants and funding

Financial support from free school meals to student loans.

Discretionary Assistance Fund (DAF) (external website)

The Discretionary Assistance Fund provides 2 types of grant that you do not need to pay back (Welsh Government website).

Wales Illegal Money Lending Unit (WIMLU) (external website)

Contact WIMLU for help if you, or someone you know, is a victim of illegal money lending or if you think there is a loan shark operating in your area.

Consumer advice (external website)

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline if you need more help with a consumer problem.

Help with mortgage debt or rent arrears

If you are worried about paying your mortgage or keeping up with your rent payments there are many ways you can get help and support.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a benefit designed to support people of working age who are on a low income or out of work.

Adapting or improving a property

Find out about the help available to change or improve your home, or make it more energy efficient.

Community Funding and Grants

Find out what funds are available for your community.

Sports grants

Find out if you or your team is eligible for funding.

Appeal a benefits decision

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your benefit claim, then you can ask for a reconsideration or appeal the decision.

Report benefit fraud (external website)

Report benefit fraud online.

The Money Advice Service (external website)

Free and impartial money advice, set up by government.

Arts and culture grants (external website)

The official body that funds and develops the arts in Wales.

Cold weather payments (external website)

You may get a Cold Weather Payment if you’re getting certain benefits or Support for Mortgage Interest (GOV.UK).