There are three scrutiny committees, and their main roles are to give advice to the Cabinet, and to review and challenge cabinet decisions. They also consider broad policy issues and make recommendations to the Cabinet and Council.
Below you will find links to details about each of the Council’s Scrutiny Committee, along with links to copies of their Annual Reports and other reports prepared by the committees.
The Scrutiny Committees are keen to encourage members of the public to engage with the scrutiny process and suggest topics that may benefit from being examined by Scrutiny. If you have a matter that you feel may benefit from being looked at in detail by one of the committees please complete the form available on the link below and send it to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can print the form, complete it and post it to the address shown on the form.
Public Scrutiny request form (MS Word, 34KB)
If you wish to discuss the scrutiny process or need assistance with the form’s completion please call the Scrutiny Co-ordinator on 01824 712554.
- Scrutiny Committees Annual Report 2021-22 (PDF, 684KB)
- Scrutiny Committees Annual Report 2020-21 (PDF, 660KB)
- Scrutiny Committees Annual Report 2019-20 (PDF, 573KB)
- Scrutiny Committees Annual Report 2018-19 (PDF, 800KB)
- Scrutiny Committees Annual Report 2017-18 (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Scrutiny Committees Annual Report 2016-17 (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Scrutiny Committees Annual Report 2015-16 (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Scrutiny Committees Annual Report 2014-15 (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Scrutiny Committees Annual Report 2014-15 (Summary) (PDF, 542KB)
- Scrutiny Committees Annual Report 2013-14 (PDF, 3.7MB)
Denbighshire County Council Communities Scrutiny Committee: Llantysilio Mountain Fire Summer 2018 Report (PDF, 2.3MB)